Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blueberries

This was a bit messy but fun nonetheless.  I bought a frozen bag of blueberries, drained them, and washed them first.  I let them thaw for about 1 hour in the strainer:




Once thawed place in blender and add some water, breast milk or formula.  It doesn't take much liquid so I wouldn't add more than 1-2 oz. of liquid.  Blend until the skin is in very small pieces:


Fill each cube to top, cover with saran wrap and freeze.  Pop put of tray and into Ziploc bags once frozen.




You can add bananas while mixing if the taste is too strong for your little one. 

I add about 1-2 tablespoons of oatmeal or barley to it in a bowl once thawed for Bella.  She loves the mixture!  You can also add rice cereal as well.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I just bought some blueberries to try this. I like the idea of banana to mellow it a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana is a great fruit to mix with blueberries!!

    ReplyDelete